Welcome to October, already. September flew away from me and I did manage to meet my goals. You may look back at my September goals and think to yourself, ” you only had three goals to accomplish, so yeah you would get them done”. I get it to. I actually only set a few small goals per months because if I compile a list three feet long I wouldn’t tackle half of them or any. It’s overwhelming. Besides, I have a bit on my plate and I don’t want to stress myself out with “trying” to reach way to many goals. Some months I can’t even meet the three I planned.
I’m proud to say that I meet each goal last months: menu plan for the week and stick to it, run at the gym, and manage a 21 day challenge group. It was a great few goals that I set for myself. I went at least 2 times a week to the gym and of course I did my own working out besides that. I ran a total of 92.2 miles last month. Holy batman! I guess when your goal is to run a half marathon, you need to put in the miles! Next two weeks I begin to Taper. Menu planning went great. I’ve kept on track with food and under budget for the first time with grocery shopping. I didn’t lie when I said in this post how important it is to menu plan to SAVE money. I’ll be joining another 21 day challenge starting Oct 6th. Can’t wait to continue to be on track with my eating.
- 21 day challenge, my ultimate goal is to eat clean for 21 days!. It’s going to be a challenge alright, but what doesn’t challenge you, doesn’t make you stronger. My plan is to make things from scratch, like pancakes, instead of buying them. It’s going to make me PLAN, PLAN, PLAN like a mofo, but I am willing to give it a go. I will continue to menu plan for dinners and now lunch.
- I also plan on TRACKing my food budget this month again and seeing where we fall. I plan on mostly shopping at the discounted grocery store, Aldi’s, for most of my food. I will keep all my receipts in one spot. I am not even sure how much I spend in food! <–sad realization.
- Fitness: My 2nd half marathon is on the 12th of October. I will continue to work my running training plan. I can’t believe I am going to say this, but I am going to allow myself some time off of running long distances, I think. Honesty I am torn about what to do next!! part of me wants to start x-training again and weight lifting and part of me wants to continue to run high mileages. Not really sure, what or where I’ll be after my half, but I do know I’ll keep moving. So I guess I need to gather a plan.
- Finish painting the kids playset!
- Have all the kids clothing squared away and organized
- Wash the family room carpet
- I really want to blog more. I need to carve out time to do this. I think once my 1/2 training is complete there will be a little more time to think, process, and write. I really love blogging and writing.