After cooking beer butt chicken on the grill its a tradition around these parts to make the carcass (leftover chicken) into soup. ITs the best damn soup ever and I thought I would share it with you.
What you’ll need:
- 1 left over already cooked rotisserie chicken (with the saved juices from the beer)
- 6 cups of water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 3 stalks of celery cut
- 3 long carrots cut
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of cooked rice ( i used jasmine rice)
- a crack of pepper or two
What you’ll need to do:
- Cut off any left over chicken and save it in a bowl. Set aside and chop up.
- Take the left over chicken, bones and all and juice and put it in a large boiling pot. Add the water, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and basil. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours on stove top. Cover this pot
- Pour out the juice into a bowl and save.
- In another large pot add the carrots and celery and the juices.
- Bring to a rolling boil and add the chicken. Let simmer for another hour or 2 depending on your time frame. Add the bullion cubes.
- Then 20 mins before serving add the already cooked rice.
Serve with bread! Delicious.